About Kelsey Christiansen
Kelsey Christiansen, 21, is a Senior from Spring Grove, Illinois. Although Kelsey began her education at Creighton University as an Economics major, Christiansen transferred as a Sophomore to McHenry County College, earning her Associates in Arts in 2020. Through her course work and extra-circulars, she later discovered her love of communications, and is currently a Senior studying Public Relations and Advertising at Drake University. Christiansen plans to earn a Bachelors Degree in Communication from Drake University in May 2022.
Kelsey’s Professional Background
Kelsey Christiansen has had many wonderful opportunities to grow holistically as a student and employee. Through her recent internships with Drake University and The Spina Bifida Association of Iowa, Christiansen has developed her published articles and news releases. Christiansen has also successfully helped promote The Spina Bifida Association of Iowa’s fundraising accomplishments by successfully developing tactful media releases, and scheduling interviews with local media outlets. Christiansen also continues to pursue her love of comedy through her published Satirical work at Drake University’s Independent Magazine (DUiN), and through her frequent standup comedy open mics. You can view more of Kelsey’s work on Kelsey’s LinkedIn.
Relevant Work Experience
- Intern for Abbvie Pharmaceuticals
- PR Assistant for Drake Fine Arts
- Marketing and Communications Intern
- Communications Intern for The Spina Bifida Association of Iowa
- Brand Associate at Old Navy
- Campus Programming Intern for Creighton’s Student Leadership and Involvement Center
- Graphic Design and Production Member at Sport Decals
- Drake transfer Tour Guide
Check out some of Kelsey’s more recent writing projects here.